JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the "/DS" part in the SM-G781U1/DS model number of my S20 FE mean dual SIM?

(Topic created: 11-22-2021 09:19 PM)
SamsunnyD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am in the US and I bought a factory unlocked S20 FE from samsung.com and picked it up same day from best buy, when I went to place my SIM card I noticed it said SIM 1 and SIM 2 on the other side of the tray, so I looked at the model number on the box and it said SM-G781U1/DS... I don't have a second SIM card to test it with but I will be traveling next month and having two SIM cards in the same phone would be very convenient for me... I've heard in the past that Samsung doesn't support the eSIM feature in the US except in a select few models because of carriers, would this restriction apply to a second physical SIM card as well? I just wanna know in advance so I won't be surprised if I insert a second SIM while traveling and it doesn't work...
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
It technically is but the eSIM isn't enabled yet (it's one physical, one eSIM). My S21+ just got Android 12 and it activated the second SIM (eSIM).

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
It technically is but the eSIM isn't enabled yet (it's one physical, one eSIM). My S21+ just got Android 12 and it activated the second SIM (eSIM).