cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Does the s20 ultra have the ability to use LTE-A, LTE plus, 4G plus?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been told by T-Mobile and Sprint the s20 ultra 5G does not have the ability to use LTE advanced because it uses 5g. Is this true? If so that is a real buzzkill for me to buy this phone. After doing some research it seems yes Tony has the same bands and frequencies available as the S10 so it seems it should offer LTE plus as well?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does the s20 ultra have the ability to use LTE-A, LTE plus, 4G plus?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine switches back and forth between LTE and LTE+ , but never to 5G. I'm in a suburb of a small city.
My device: SM-G986U1, S20+ 5G, unlocked US version, Verizon.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I still get lte plus on mine
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Biged1218 thanks. What carrier are you using? Right now I'm on T-Mobile which I came from sprint, both are telling me LTE plus is not available.

Re: Re: Does the s20 ultra have the ability to use LTE-A, LTE plus, 4G plus?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm on Verizon unlocked
Asteroid

Re: Re: Does the s20 ultra have the ability to use LTE-A, LTE plus, 4G plus?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Biged1218 thanks! I'll assume you're in the US. I'm going through a lot of trouble with T-Mobile with their SIM card all I get is 5G and lte, no LTE plus or advanced.no one I talked to, where I talked to at least 20 people from T-Mobile and sprint, can really tell me why I'm not getting LTE advanced on my s20 ultra. A few say my phone doesn't offer LTE advanced. I get 5G just fine when I'm in the big towns, but I want LTE plus in other areas! But thanks for your reply maybe it's a carrier issue

Re: Re: Re: Does the s20 ultra have the ability to use LTE-A, LTE plus, 4G plus?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
honestly when I'm on carrier locked phone I don't get lte plus with Verizon. only on unlocked

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine switches back and forth between LTE and LTE+ , but never to 5G. I'm in a suburb of a small city.
My device: SM-G986U1, S20+ 5G, unlocked US version, Verizon.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ty for that @Cheyennehoofhearted ! Mine some reason with Sprint and T-Mobile just cannot get LTE plus. But thank you for your response so now I can know that these Ultras s20s can get LTE plus, that it's on the carrier side not on me

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LTE-A, LTE-Advanced and LTE+ are all names for the same service. It is the advanced or upgraded version of LTE, which is faster, more stable, and has higher bandwidth availability than regular LTE. This results in less buffering and faster downloads.
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is what T-mobile/Sprint has on the s20 Ultra.
https://files.catbox.moe/uciywp.jpg