cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Duo notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I receive a Duo call on my phone, the notification that plays is my "system default notification tone", the tone I get when I receive a text message or something similar. When Duo rings it plays the tone repeatedly as if I was getting a lot of text messages. I would like Duo to play an actual ringtone, even if it is the default duo ringtone and not one of my own choosing. I took a photo to show that I am unable to change the ringtone in the Duo app. Any advice?SmartSelect_20200413-163734_Settings.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Duo notification

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! @2075230 

Based off Google's forums changing the Duo notification sound is not possible.

https://support.google.com/duo/thread/1947758?hl=en

You can send feedback to them here.

Did this help? Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you attach this picture?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem. If anyone has found a solution to this, please share!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've also been having this same issue with Duo, I am it sure anyone has found a solution for this. It works fine on my brothers Note 10. He gets the usual Duo ringtone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please bring back Duo ringtone I have missed so many calls. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with my Galaxy S20 Plus.  My Galaxy S9 Plus and my Husbands Glaxay S9 both are working normal with standard Duo Ringtone and not greyed out on either phone with the options to change Ringtone and Vibration to the ones you desire to use.  I've searched high and low for how to fix this problem and still can't find any answers.  I'm hoping that Samsung will fix the issue in an update because a lot of users are being effected by this problem.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue too. My husband has a Note 8 and Duo works completely fine. I upgraded from an S9 and shouldn't be having this problem on a newer phone. I hope Samsung gets this fixed soon as I've missed video calls. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having same issue. Still didn't see any response from Samsung on this. Samsung should fix this integration issue with S20.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

have you downloaded and set rington before?

it works fine on my phone..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have tried it with a downloaded ringtone as well and it still won't allow me to change the Duo notification/ringtone.