Original topic:

Duplicate Calendar and Contacts from Initial Setup

(Topic created: 11-30-2021 07:57 AM)
userlgYvH2u1qr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello!

I am a new Samsung user,  switching over from Google Pixel. I have a S20 FE.

Everything went very well on the initial changeover, but I have both Samsung and Google apps for calendar and contacts on my phone now.  This means I get duplicate notifications and it's taking up a lot of extra space. I tried disabling the Samsung apps,  but I knew they would come back on, and they did.  My google accounts have a lot more info on them than the Samsung accounts,  so I guess I would prefer to go that way with it. Can anyone tell me how I should properly solve this problem? I thank you for any help in advance!

5 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20

I would just remove one of the two accounts and when re-setting up prevent it from syncing (bringing the backup information into the phone). Not sure if this is the sort of answer you were hoping for, but as someone who can't relate jumping from pixel to galaxy it's the best I can think of.

0 Likes
userlgYvH2u1qr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm not sure I completely understand what you're saying but what I think I understand is that I should do a factory reset and allow only one of those applications each to sync. Is that what you're saying? Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
userHRYO2dlAc1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I had this problem with samsung calendar and google calendar, I got notifications from both.  I went to the samsung calendar settings via the 3 bars at the top left of the screen, tap the gear, tap Alert settings, then set "Events", "All-day events" and "Contacts' birthdays" to No alert. 

0 Likes
userlgYvH2u1qr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
TY
0 Likes
JR2604
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have three settings apps 2message apps. I have apps hidden