JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge Lighting on my S20 5G

(Topic created: 12-30-2020 12:31 PM)
Cher01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have checked and even had a chatted with Rep via Chat and STILL cannot solve this problem. My Edge lighting was working fine until I got a Software Upgrade on Christmas day, Now only SMS works, not my Whatsapp. I have tried everything possible and cannot get it to work. I seens lots of help for other Samsung phone except the S20. 

Rep told me to do a factory reset...sorry that is out of the question having invest so much time and energy into this new phone. I should not have to do that for something that seems little to ask. I don't understand why the flashing of light for notification was such a hard feature for this phone design. Anyways, I bought it now it is my problem, with your assistance needed! 

Can someone assist with this? 

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
@Cher01
It's because they changed and took away so many things. So do you know where the new edge lighting settings are?
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
My edge lighting didn't work on Android 10 or the new 11. I have every app selected to use it but only one does and that one only works when the screen is on. Many people are having the same problem.
0 Likes
AshleyChelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
it's under notifications now instead of edge lighting it took me awhile to seem to find it to but you go to settings- notifications- then choose brief notification pop up style and it has to be on brief not detailed then choose the brief pop up settings and from there you can choose like you normally would.. I have the s20 ultra so I'm sure the other models have it to, hope this helps 😊
Cher01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried all the above and then some. It still did not work, however the only thing that was different was the resetting of the applications. It seems when I did that all my whatsapp contact names disappear and only numbers were showing. I had to sync the numbers again from my CONTACT list. For some reason last night about 10 pm, the edge lighting started to work by itself. I am not sure which step helped since I did the following:

- restart in safe mode

- set pop ups

- set duration to middle instead of full

- set permission to allow all

- set display always on

- resetting applications

Now I am resetting to my preferenct the notifications of each application has it comes it since I have reset them. I am just happy it started back working with screen on and off.

Thanks all for the suggestions, still not liking the S20 5G! 

0 Likes
Solution
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

settings -> notifications -> select brief under notification pop-up style -> check included apps -> brief pop-up settings -> select edge lighting style

Cher01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you, however I have tried that as well and did not work. It is working now so I will need to close this thread 🙂

Thank all of you!

0 Likes