JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge lighting not working

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 10:25 AM)
Options
Galaxy S20

Does anyone know why edge lighting just stop working? I have a s20 plus I can pick what I would like to show and the color I would like it in but it doesn't flash or show what you pick just the envelope showing the color but not the bubbles or heart effects multicolors.I love using it for my message notification. Samsung need to asked what we like and just stop messing with things!!!! If not can you make a patch to fix it?

6 Replies
James-A51
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
It's silently enabled but only works on the AOD not sure why this was changed for the S20 line of phones
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks but they need to fix it I don't like to have a phone and only certain features work when you paying so much for Samsung products.
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Edge lighting hasn't worked for me since the very first day I had my s20 Ultra. I have every app selected to use it and....nothing. You can file an error report but it probably won't do any good. People have been complaining about it not working for years.
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Ok I went search and find the cause. go into visibility and make sure you turn off remove animations. If it's on turn it off that solves it for me.
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you! This worked for me as well.
Options
Galaxy S20
U welcome...:rose: