Original topic:

Edge screen disappeared ( not only some apps)

(Topic created on: 12/7/20 1:27 PM)
userAlgKkvnJQC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra and the edge screen keep disappears. I tried activate , deactivate, restard but the issue is not fixed. I updated my phone to the latest version, set the edge screen off, on , restart. Still the same issue. And every time that I am doing this the screen remais like 20 mins active and after disappear . In settings seems ON. I have to admit that after paying 1000 EUR for a phone this bug is inacceptable ! ! Is an important function for making the life easier and going in settings for deactivate and activate a screen is NOT easier. For a company like SAMSUNG I would expect a high-quality product and software. And having this bug for ONE Year is horrible.... I am highly disappointed of this lack of interest from Samsung. And I am using Samsung Galaxy from S5, but I was never so annoyed. Well done !!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
7ay7ay
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Well it could be a bug there are chanced were some phones are faulty out of manufacturing. It happens but its rare. If its not a bug there is a chance that an app you have might be blocking it. Even if it shows ON in setting the app can override if giving permission. It could be any app you downloaded to an app that came with the phone. Have you tried to go to setting and Factory Resetting All Setting?? That normally resets all the apps permission if it is. You can also go to apps and click the top right 3-dots and click on Reset App Preferences. That would be all I can think off. Also I have the S20+. Hopsfully you didn't buy it from a 3rd party, used or prepaid. Cause they all risk the chances of annoying bugs like that even if they advertise "band new, never open."
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

did you recently update to android 11?

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes