Original topic:

Email Account Issues

(Topic created: 09-16-2021 02:39 PM)
Ldytwiggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I removed my bellsouth email from my phone because I could not change my password after I received a spam email.  I have added the email account back to my phone but I am not receiving any emails.  How can I recover my emails from that account? Thank you for your help!!!
0 Likes
4 Replies
MJFrithjof
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Assuming it is a Gmail account, try force stopping Gmail, and re-open it. (Or clear data). Otherwise, I would recommend linking your email to Samsung Mail. If that doesn't work, please let me know.
0 Likes
Ldytwiggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
It didn't work. I don't have Gmail it's an old bellsouth email which is now AT&T. I will contact them. Thanks for your help though.
0 Likes
Ldytwiggy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
It is not a gmail acct. It's an old bellsouth which I guess is now AT&T. I tried force stopping, I tried restoring acct and backing it up but still no emails. My acct tells me it last synced today but I still have nothing. I receive about 40+ emails per day and still have nothing. I'm more concerned with some saved emails of importance. I don't know how to link my bellsouth email to samsung. I appreciate your trying to help
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@Ldytwiggy,

Hey,

If you haven't already tried this. I went to the AT&T Yahoo Mail website. I haven't used it in years and had forgotten the password. I didn't have any issues using the forgot password option. This will bypass the app interface on the phone. The emails should be in there even if they're not syncing with the app on the phone. 

I still have a few apps I don't use sending emails there but most were switched over to Microsoft and Google email apps.

Best regards,

CLF 

0 Likes