Original topic:

Email app is not working

(Topic created on: 5/12/21 6:21 PM)
Teeter2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have tried everything to get my email working.  I did Smart Switch to transfer all from old device, Samsung 8, to my new one, Samsung s20 fe. All apps came thru but my email. Correct icon shows for email, but constantly sent to add gmail acct. I try to create but says account already exist. HELP! This is extremely frustrating. Might have to go to AT&T store. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you trying to set up Samsung Email app with your Gmail account or some other service? You shouldn't need to create a new account.

0 Likes
Teeter2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm using the Samsung email. I click the app, it takes me immediately to 6 icons that include gmail g suites, yahoo, Hotmail, exchange, office 365 and other. I've tried all of these except exchange or office 365. No luck.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

What email are you trying to set up? Samsung email is the app but it is not the service.

0 Likes
Teeter2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an email not gmail account....bellsouth.net on my old nd new phone. It's an white envelope on a red background. Never used gmail. I don't understand what you mean 'the service '?
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

In this case, bellsouth.net would be the email service provider. When you select the email app, select other and then enter your bellsouth.net login information.

0 Likes