JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Emoji suggestion vs Emoji options

(Topic created: 12-08-2020 10:56 AM)
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the Samsung S20+ and previously the S9+ after a few updates I noticed that the emoji button was gone and the only option I had was to use suggested emojis as I type. I hate it. I would like to find out how I can add the options to pick a plethora of emoji's as needed, instead of trying to figure out key words to populate and emoji. I don't want to download an app to get what I need, as I like my stock Samsung Keyboard. Is there a way to add an Emoji button back to it? 

8 Replies
TDH1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Which keyboard layout are you using? If you use the Gboard, it will give you the option
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm using the Samsung keyboard thats installed on the phone.
0 Likes
TDH1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
if you go into settings, and find language and input the different options for input(keyboard layouts) should be available, or they'll allow you to download Gboard.
0 Likes
TDH1985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hence my layout here

Screenshot_20201208-120608_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
whats GBoard. I don't have that
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
Try going to the keyboard settings > Samsung keyboard > style and layout. Then turn on the keyboard toolbar.

clipboard_image_1607454475338_1607454475338.jpg

UniKornBlack
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
how are you even adding a photo? I don't have that option , nor do I have the option of style and layout.

edit: your 👏 amazing. I love you lol I got it and some crazy color keyboard too
Options
Galaxy S20
Haha! Glad you were able to do it.

To add a picture in a comment, you just long press on the screen until the paste & clipboard option pops up. Then attach your screenshot