Original topic:

Enable Haptic Feedback on Successful Fingerprint Unlock

(Topic created on: 8/18/20 2:51 PM)
mechacontext
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to suggest a feature that I've seen floating around that I think would make the user experience of unlocking my Galaxy S20 more pleasant, as well as providing additional assistance for users with sight-related disabilities.

As a Galaxy S20 user, I would like to see haptic feedback enabled upon successful fingerprint unlocks (as well as perhaps face unlocks), so that I can more easily tell whether my phone is unlocked without looking directly at it. 

I feel that this would greatly increase unlock speed for users who have sight-related disabilities, and for users who simply want a positive reinforcer and a feeling of reliability that software indicators cannot provide. On the note of accessibility, this feature can be included on the list of features that fall within an Accessibility framework, which can bolster the list of Interaction and Dexterity options further.

This is important because Samsung S- and Note-series phones have smaller fingerprint sensors than other similar phones, whether they have physical, optical or ultrasound under-screen sensors. This small feature would help bridge the divide between the tactile unlock experience on other phones and the convenience of an under-screen Samsung sensor. Furthermore, this would bring Samsung to feature parity with similarly-specced OnePlus, Pixel, and Apple devices (along with others), which all have this option either enabled by default or as an option in their Accessibility menus. 

Thank you for hearing me out!

-Mecha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

user6ross0nTWY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Seems like there is no progress on this. Not many takers may be :(

0 Likes
mechacontext
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It does seem that way. A bit disappointing, but hopefully this is a feature that's under consideration for the next revision.
0 Likes
YDINO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
please
0 Likes
Members_ays6IBM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like this too. Especially with the in-screen fingerprint reader, where you really want to remove your finger as soon as the screen unlocks.

I set Tasker up to do this, which is better than nothing, but there is a fraction of a second delay that wouldn't be there if it were built-in.