cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Esim not enabled on phone

As of today 6/16/20, I have still been unable to get a straight answer about the esim support.  I purchased the phone from AT&T with the understanding, from both the reps and marketing material, that it would support esim.  My version came with 2 IMEI numbers on the box which further lent to the belief that the phone would support esim.  After nearly 4 months of weekly communication with AT&T and Samsung, I am no closer to esim support or even having an engineer provide a concise answer.  This is HIGHLY frustrating since I feel that I was misled and that altered my decision making prior to purchase.  I have been told by Samsung that it is up to the carrier to support and I am told by the carrier that Samsung has not enabled it yet.  Which is it?  Why do I have to waste my time as a customer to figure all this out rather than just enabling it SINCE I PAID FOR IT!!   Anyone else just as frustrated?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Esim not enabled on phone

I'm in the same boat. Bought my S20 through T-Mobile, where the rep stated that the phone absoluitely comes with eSIM as well as the traditional physical slot. However, anything I try to do that would kick the eSIM (GigSky for one), suggests there is no eSIM support in the phone. 

I would like to see an app that shows the specs on the phone, including whether or not there really is an eSIM or not. I'm like you, I travel semi-frequently, and bought the phone in part due to the dual-sim support that I was told existed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I tried out a tool called Activity Launcher and I can "open" the sim manager app on phone.  It is locked to the first sim only, even though I have two IMIE numbers the phone only shows one.  I have even had AT&T open a business number and bound it to the second IMEI number but alas I can't see it.  Since I can launch the SIM manager with the app, this tells me that AT&T is the one preventing esim.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

From what I heard only the Verizon version is the only one that has esim support, I could be wrong, my s20 ultra unlocked phone doesn't have esim support please let us know what you find out, very important topic, in theory all Samsung s20 phones should have Esim support to allow switching between carriers

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

My s20 ultra unlocked supports the hybrid Sim option,by installing a Sim card in the SD card slot, but Esim support is not available even on my phone, my carrier is Verizon