JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Exclude app from Weekly wellbeing report

(Topic created: 05-21-2023 09:17 AM)
useroi2GYybNBo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I want to exclude my night clock app from the Digital Wellbeing Weekly Report because it makes it look like I'm using my phone hours & hours more than I actually do. The percentages in the weekly report would be much more helpful if this kind of app could be excluded. Can this feature be added to Digital Wellbeing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
For sure you can do this. In two different directions, first by choice of easiest, you could turn the app timer down to no minutes and no hours, and then this app wouldn't participate. I like the second one it's a little more work but I think you'll get a better result. So go to the digital wellbeing apps settings, then choose deny access to usage data. Got to open up another settings block. Find the app you want to exclude and shut it off from the digital app. Seems easy enough. Perhaps that's exactly what it's for. Good luck to you. I hope it works out for you. Let me know.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Options
Galaxy S20
For sure you can do this. In two different directions, first by choice of easiest, you could turn the app timer down to no minutes and no hours, and then this app wouldn't participate. I like the second one it's a little more work but I think you'll get a better result. So go to the digital wellbeing apps settings, then choose deny access to usage data. Got to open up another settings block. Find the app you want to exclude and shut it off from the digital app. Seems easy enough. Perhaps that's exactly what it's for. Good luck to you. I hope it works out for you. Let me know.
Mika001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

2 questions

1. I listen to music on yt and its like 3hrs and my dad gets so angry because I'm on Yt, so does this work on yt

2. How do you shut the app from the digitalapp

TheNotorious2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same problem

0 Likes
JRTuttle4
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I was trying to do the same thing also and I know the suggestions above are from several months ago, but they make no sense to me.
The first option doesn't cause the app to not participate. That just causes it to show that you are over on the screen time for that app as soon as you use it. It still shows the screen time usage for that app though.
Denying access to Usage Data in the Digital Wellbeing app prevents it from tracking the usage of ALL apps, so that clearly isn't the answer either, and if there was an option in the settings to just "shut it off" for one app, this thread wouldn't exist...