JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Expand memory

(Topic created: 09-23-2020 08:57 PM)
userhNBtbWle2q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I recently bought the Samsung S20 and I can't extend my phones memory.
0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Can you please elaborate on the symptoms you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhNBtbWle2q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, I bought my S20 5g at my phone provider conssesionaire and I was told that I cound expand my phones storage or memory with a Sim card. So I bought a 32gb and when I was going to place it in the Sim card slot. The phone only brought 1 slot not 2 slots.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Can I please have your full model number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhNBtbWle2q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes. Just that I just punched in at work. I can send you the model number during the day.
My apologies,
Thank you
Annie

0 Likes
Solution
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

@userhNBtbWle2q Okay Verizon version of S20 5G base model does not have SD card slot this is due to 5G mmWave placement in the phone. 

Samsung_mmpkpDl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Why is it not clear on the Samsung website that you are purchasing a base model? There is no other option specified on the purchasing page. I would have made a different selection had I known. There was only one choice and nowhere does it indicate that expandable memory was not a standard option on the phone. 

0 Likes
userhNBtbWle2q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks. Wish I knew that detail. I could've weighed my options. I do appreciate your feedback.
0 Likes