cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Extra characters after texts

Hey Folks,

I am getting a bunch of extra characters when I receive texts. Looks like some kind of coding issue bringing background characters to the forefront. E.g., Your PingID authentication code is: *******
~EFxyNgBCTXYvXgg

Anyone else experience this issue on the Samsung 20 FE? I'm on Google Fi, in case that is relevant. I didn't see any other threads like this for phone.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Extra characters after texts

Be extra vegelant that a hacker isn't trying to either get info from you or trying to place a malware on your computer.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks, but I doubt this is a hacker. Seems much more like extra info being translated into text

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought two S20 FE phones, both on Google Fi.  Both phones are using the Samsung messinger as default.  One phone adds the extra characters on every text message it receives the other does not.  Did a compare of settings between phones and found no differences.  So no, it's not a hacker sending some kind of malware link.  It's a real issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Are you still experiencing the issue? Mine stopped on its own yesterday. Not sure if the recent software update i received corrected this.

Highlighted

what message app do you use? does it happen to all messages you receive??

It doesnt happen on my phone.
Download samsung members app from Galaxy store and you can send your diagnostics to samsung and they will be able to tell what the issue is.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am using the default app, but oddly enough this stopped happening yesterday, so diagnostics won't tell us much. I am wondering if the recent software update I received corrected the issue, or if this will present itself again later.