cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halo

Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anybody have issue with the Face on unlock slow somtimes, other times doesn't detect face have to try a few different angles then it works??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, I hope you're doing well. 

Personally, I don't have any issues with Face Unlock.

You can try improving your facial recognition by going into Settings>Biometrics and security>Face recognition>Add alternative look.

This will help your device know your face much better,  helping the accuracy of Face Unlock. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, I hope you're doing well. 

Personally, I don't have any issues with Face Unlock.

You can try improving your facial recognition by going into Settings>Biometrics and security>Face recognition>Add alternative look.

This will help your device know your face much better,  helping the accuracy of Face Unlock. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S20+ and face unlock doesn't work. Yeah it might occassionally unlock your phone but "working" means it's consistent. The only consistent part of it is the inconsistent. I had an Apple 11 pro max and face unlock works on that phone. It works on the Google Pixel 4 too. It doesn't work on this phone. You can add an alternate look - doesn't help. You can retrain it - doesn't help. You can set every option available - doesn't help. You can try everything you find on Youtube, Reddit, etc. - doesn't help. The problem is Samsung software. I have an app called "Applock" that I use to secure certain apps on my phone. It works. It recognizes my face every time. I wish it could be used to unlock my phone but it can't. I can't find any other apps to use to unlock my phone with facial recognition. If I could I would switch. The finger print option is just as bad on the S20 so don't expect that to be a working alternative. Bottom line is Samsung really messed this one up and apparently doesn't plan on fixing it.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks i just did and it works super fast and flawless now !!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, you have no idea how excited I am to hear this. I am glad we got it going. 

Have a great rest of your day and week. 😁

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same to you !!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the unlock features seemed to work worth a darn

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Face lock is not working in dark mode though we add alternative face 

I see nothing got improved for s20 plus from

s10 

do any one have this problem I have default screen gaurd which came with phone 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I find that my phone has to be held away an arms length and the face unlock works fine. If I have hold it close to my face it doesn't want to unlock. But if I hold it back an arms length it seems to unlock about every time. I think there's some kind of a timer for it so that if your not looking at it in a certain amount of time it won't work. But try to hold it back a ways. I'm not sure if that is a solution but seems to help me with it. Also when I did take the picture used for face unlock I made sure to do it with plenty of light I actually turned on a brighter light and that seems to help it some.