cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Halo

Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anybody have issue with the Face on unlock slow somtimes, other times doesn't detect face have to try a few different angles then it works??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, I hope you're doing well. 

Personally, I don't have any issues with Face Unlock.

You can try improving your facial recognition by going into Settings>Biometrics and security>Face recognition>Add alternative look.

This will help your device know your face much better,  helping the accuracy of Face Unlock. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, I hope you're doing well. 

Personally, I don't have any issues with Face Unlock.

You can try improving your facial recognition by going into Settings>Biometrics and security>Face recognition>Add alternative look.

This will help your device know your face much better,  helping the accuracy of Face Unlock. 

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an S20+ and face unlock doesn't work. Yeah it might occassionally unlock your phone but "working" means it's consistent. The only consistent part of it is the inconsistent. I had an Apple 11 pro max and face unlock works on that phone. It works on the Google Pixel 4 too. It doesn't work on this phone. You can add an alternate look - doesn't help. You can retrain it - doesn't help. You can set every option available - doesn't help. You can try everything you find on Youtube, Reddit, etc. - doesn't help. The problem is Samsung software. I have an app called "Applock" that I use to secure certain apps on my phone. It works. It recognizes my face every time. I wish it could be used to unlock my phone but it can't. I can't find any other apps to use to unlock my phone with facial recognition. If I could I would switch. The finger print option is just as bad on the S20 so don't expect that to be a working alternative. Bottom line is Samsung really messed this one up and apparently doesn't plan on fixing it.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks i just did and it works super fast and flawless now !!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @Weeman, you have no idea how excited I am to hear this. I am glad we got it going. 

Have a great rest of your day and week. 😁

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same to you !!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

None of the unlock features seemed to work worth a darn

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Face lock is not working in dark mode though we add alternative face 

I see nothing got improved for s20 plus from

s10 

do any one have this problem I have default screen gaurd which came with phone 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? 

-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I find that my phone has to be held away an arms length and the face unlock works fine. If I have hold it close to my face it doesn't want to unlock. But if I hold it back an arms length it seems to unlock about every time. I think there's some kind of a timer for it so that if your not looking at it in a certain amount of time it won't work. But try to hold it back a ways. I'm not sure if that is a solution but seems to help me with it. Also when I did take the picture used for face unlock I made sure to do it with plenty of light I actually turned on a brighter light and that seems to help it some.