JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Face unlock is slow and sometimes doesn't work

(Topic created on: 3/10/20 9:50 AM)
Weeman
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20

Anybody have issue with the Face on unlock slow somtimes, other times doesn't detect face have to try a few different angles then it works??

JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
userOLMQnxqsl2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

It started working when I turned off the option to require open eyes.

0 Likes
userNrvxq0wgc0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'll have to try that. It always seems better after the initial reset  or facial mapping, but then becomes terrible again

0 Likes
userXHJsHiRnI1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

To Fix the issue go to settings > battery optimization > click to view all > and disable battery optimization for com.samsung.biometrics 

Sad that samsung can't fix this themselves 

0 Likes
KennyBVA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks a ton for this solution! I was so frustrated with my new S21 and face unlock not working. This fixed my issue, but the name of the com. value seems to have changed on the s21. Here is what I changed:

Settings menu > search for optimize > select optimize battery usage > change list to all.
turn phone to landscape so you can see the full names
look for com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting
turn off

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/26/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes