Original topic:

Fast charge does not work

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 04:17 PM)
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Regular Fast Charge has not worked for over a year now using my Super Fast charge brick. Super Fast charge works, but not Regular Fast charge.

My friends Note 20 Ultra has the same issue and so do many others online

Who else is this happening to?

10 Replies
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Ignore the time until full. I turned them on and screenshotted immediately before the time could update
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
You'd need to use a slower block, if you're using a super fast block it will always charge as fast as your device let's it. They are basically talking to each other to ensure it works as fast as possible while still upholding the safety features
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It had worked on Regular Fast charge when my phone was on an April 2020 firmware. After updating it to March or May 2021, the Regular Fast charging stopped working
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Something with the updated firmware then. Maybe they're trying to phase slow charging out over time
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It's some kind of glitch. I prefer Regular charge most of the time for the life of the battery, but then Fast charge if I need some extra juice, and Super Fast charge only if I need a lot of juice quickly (like before a trip or before bed as I don't like charging my phone while sleeping)
0 Likes
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Think you can flip the switch so if you have fast charge brick it will just fast charge and super fast brick will super charger!!! But it you only flick fast charge super brick will just fast charge only
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It doesn't work. Regular Fast charge just Cable charges
0 Likes
JustDewIt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It used to work and now it doesn't.