Original topic:

Fast charging issues

(Topic created on: 3/21/21 8:28 PM)
userG9HBOVT7UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My son and I both have s20 FE 5G's, and both are suddenly experiencing fast charging issues. It may be related to updating to the Android 11 update. 
My phone suddenly stopped working with my non-oem wireless stand. It will charge, but not fast. I tested it on my friends Belkin wireless fast charger and it worked fine. I tested various combinations of his and mine plug, cable, stand and determine that if my OEM Samsung 2.0amp fast charging plug or non-oem stand were in the path, it would not fast charge. I've tried my sons OEM plug and cable with no success. But I have another OEM plug and non-oem cable that fast charges fine (not wireless).
Now my son is using his OEM Samsung plug and cable that came with the s20 (not wireless). Sometimes he'll plug it in and it fast charges, sometimes it won't fast charge, sometimes it says it's fast charging but doesn't, and sometimes it charges super-slow. We've tried multiple chargers and cables with the same result. He just had to keep plugging it into his phone until it starts fast charging.
Have we been affected by a firmware issue?
9 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Make sure your fast charging setting is turned on in the settings

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

userG9HBOVT7UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you yes I did confirm that fast charging was enabled in the settings. it will fast charge sometimes, just not all the time.
0 Likes
userWAwSC3DHFh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same issue after the latest update on my S20 Ultra 5G.  After the update, Fast Wireless Charging will not work with any of my fast chargers, but they worked before the update. Fast Wireless charging is turned on, so it's not that. Samsung needs to address this ASAP.

userG9HBOVT7UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you! It's a bummer but I'm glad it's not just us lol
0 Likes
Fatchevy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm in the same boat. No fast wireless charging after latest update. My wife is not on the beta program and hers fast charges just fine. Same phones
0 Likes
userEqJbv6uNxt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This stinks.  I have S20 5G on T-mobile.  Got update March 22.  Fast charging on my Ubiolabs charger that worked for past 1.5 yrs Costco stopped working.  It works with no problems on my son's S10+

0 Likes
Narencool
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am also facing same issue. Same charger before update supported as fast wireless charger. Now it's says not compatible . And same charger for my wife s21 ultra is working as fast wireless charger

Screenshot_20210424-163313_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
userG9HBOVT7UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Yep, and now my wired car charger isn't fast charging either. This SUÇKS
0 Likes
userG9HBOVT7UW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Note: My friends Belkin wireless fast charger does fast charge my S20 FE.
0 Likes