cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Feature Request: Dismiss Alarm Hours Before It Alarms

I would like to dismiss my alarms 2 hours before they go off on the days I do not need them (e.g. days off from work).

I set several alarms in case I miss one.

However, on the days that I don't need the alarm I would love the ability to dismiss them hours beforehand like I did on my LG phone. On the S20 FE it only shows the dismiss option in the notification window about 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. I would prefer 2 hours instead of 5 minutes.

Please allow the alarm to be dismiss 2 hours beforehand instead of 5 minutes.

Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8
Nebula

Re: Feature Request: Dismiss Alarm Hours Before It Alarms

I have the s20, but but the FE. On my phone you can turn off any days during the week (Sun-Sat) that you don't want your alarm to go off on. Are you able to do that?
Astronaut

Re: Re: Feature Request: Dismiss Alarm Hours Before It Alarms

Yeah, I can do that. I want to be able to dismiss the alarm on a day that I would typically need it but for whatever reason (e.g. a holiday or vacation) I don't need it that particular day. It only allows me to dismiss it about 5 minutes before it goes off. Because I set about 4 alarms that are more than 5 minutes apart it's no fun
Astronaut

Serious. I just turn mine off before I sleep. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Astronaut

I could do that but I'd rather not because then I'd have to remember to turn them back on... And then there are times when I thought I needed the alarm but I woke up early and would like to dismiss the alarm... I don't think the change would hurt and it would certainly make things better for my use case
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Feature Request: Dismiss Alarm Hours Before It Alarms

Yeah. Alarms are <edit> important, though. <edit>. This change creates another place where the alarm could be disarmed accidentally. Think waking up in the middle of the night to get texts and clicking "turn of alarm" in a slumbery state of confusion.

Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Feature Request: Dismiss Alarm Hours Before It Alarms

I feel like to get to the dismiss alarm option you kind of have to have to have the intention to do so. I always liked that about it. It's kind of hard to imagine someone dismissing it accidentally since it's never happened to me on my previous phones that allowed it but I guess it's possible...

If you use the Google clock app instead, it pops up 2 hours in advance in order to dismiss it from the notification drawer
Astronaut

Thank you! I'll give the Google clock a try. I was trying to avoid having two clocks but I guess it's no big deal... Thank you for the recommendation!