JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

February Update Ruined my S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 3:54 PM)
SexyPinata525
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
So I've loved my S20 Ultra since I got it on launch, but this last update has really screwed up the phone, and I've soft And hard reset it, I've clear partition, I've factory reset it and I've not installed any apps recently to cause this,
Over the last week with that update my phone kept telling me it wouldn't super fast charge, it would only fast charge. Then it started being picky with charging at all, so I swapped with my wife's cord and brick from her s20 and it charged my phone 1 night and then the next it wouldn't, so I blew out the port and tried 6 different cables, all samsung branded and I tried 5 aftermarket ones with different samsung fast bricks and the phone wouldn't even notice it had a cord plugged in, my headphones adapter wouldn't work either and then I turned the phone off and on before doing all the above mentioned things. 
It tells me that there is water in the port, which there hasn't ever been any water or moisture around my phone especially not recently, and so I blew it out again and put a part of a tissue in and a cut up cotton ball to suck out any possible water and it's been telling me there is water in still and I'm baffled to why... And for the next 2 days after it would only wireless charge, it wouldn't wirelessly fast charge until the factory reset.
Now I called TMobile and they said it's a software issue and samsung knows about this.
Is there any word about this? My phone is still in warranty til May, I was gonna take it in for a repair however I don't have another phone to use during that. 
My friends note 8 started doing the same thing yesterday too.
Did I miss doing something???? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

If all troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend a technician evaluate the device. You have an option to take your device to a local UBreakIFix repair center. You will need to contact them and schedule an appointment and they are usually good at having it done on the same business day. The other option is to send in the device which I see you already mentioned you would not have a backup device to use during that time.

Follow this link here to find the nearest UBreakIFix location: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SexyPinata525
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I did forget, it takes FOREVER to wireless fast charge, and it takes a decade to charge wirelessly. :unamused_face::unamused_face:
0 Likes
Trielle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
my note 9 did the same thing, never did get a it fixed. I just dealt with the slow wireless charging
0 Likes
SexyPinata525
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Poop guess it's a reason to have to upgrade in less than a year time :unamused_face:
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

If all troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend a technician evaluate the device. You have an option to take your device to a local UBreakIFix repair center. You will need to contact them and schedule an appointment and they are usually good at having it done on the same business day. The other option is to send in the device which I see you already mentioned you would not have a backup device to use during that time.

Follow this link here to find the nearest UBreakIFix location: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. This thread will be locked for further replies. In hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, that you include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the Community!

0 Likes