Original topic:

Finger print sensor issues

(Topic created: 11-18-2023 02:28 PM)
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure how else to ay this but my finger print sensor hasn't been working sense last night. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times, checking to see if there a system update that needed to be done, I even tried to remove then readd my finger prints and it wouldn't let me. I also tried getting a hold of the Samsung help people and they tried to tell me that it was my screen protector. I've been using the same brand since high school with no issues. So I doubt it's the screen protector. I'm thinking it has something to do with the phone itself. Would anyone have any other ideas to try to help fix this problem? 
14 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
See if these steps restore fingerprint functionality. With the phone off, press and hold Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, then power to select and confirm on the following screen. On the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This process will clear out junk files that might be causing bugs and reindex all your apps.
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you I'll try this
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
If that doesn't work, could you tell me if this fingerprint issue extends to the entire phone, or only the lock screen? You could also place the phone into Safe Mode. If the fingerprint sensor works (after unlocking with password/patter/pin), then a 3rd party app is somehow interfering. From the Power menu press and hold the "Power off" icon on the screen until the option for Safe Mode appears.
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'll let you know in a bit. I'm at work at the moment so I'll have to try it when I get home
robosmith
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Have s20fe5g. Open the diagnostics with dial pad *#0*# and choose sensor. At the bottom there should be a Fingerprint Test with a version number. My sensor broke and there was no version #. Choose "normal scan" for test and/or "Sensor Info" for the type of sensor. My broken sensor didn't return anything for either.

When I got a replacement on ebay (don't try it, cause Samsung won't calibrate it unless it's OEM), it passed all the tests but Sensor Info calibrate is '1' and it gives a message "Fingerprint Sensor needs calibration" every time I try to do anything with it in settings, so it is busted and Samsung wants $150 for a screen kit to get the OEM sensor. That is the only way I've found to get it calibrated so far. 

0 Likes
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you I'll try that tomorrow
0 Likes
waylons2023
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Why can't I remove my finger print from Samsung pass