Original topic:

Finger print sensor issues

(Topic created: 11-18-2023 12:58 PM)
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Not sure how else to ay this but my finger print sensor hasn't been working sense last night. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times, checking to see if there a system update that needed to be done, I even tried to remove then readd my finger prints and it wouldn't let me. I also tried getting a hold of the Samsung help people and they tried to tell me that it was my screen protector. I've been using the same brand since high school with no issues. So I doubt it's the screen protector. I'm thinking it has something to do with the phone itself. Would anyone have any other ideas to try to help fix this problem? 
14 Replies
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That's good
0 Likes
yongobongosope
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, I have a S20 FE 5G and .y fingerprint sensor struggles sometimes but I think that's due to my screen being cracked. I would say if you try these suggestions that everyone else is giving you, the ultimate way to clear anything that may be causing software issues is to unfortunately do a factory reset.

I used to have a Note 8 and we had an issue where it wouldnt let me open ANY apps, even the ones that came on the phone, and it worked just fine after doing a factory reset. 

0 Likes
robosmith
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Factory reset won't usually fix the problem if it was due to a software update.

It WILL NOT undo any software updates, so don't listen to the Samsung tech who tells you it will.

You'll just end up having to redo every customization you've done to your settings.

0 Likes
Members_cosoAaX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Was this ever resolved?  I recently encountered the same problem.  The sensor diagnostics returns "NA".  Software updated on January 26, 2024.

0 Likes
tove99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Not yet I've been using my Passcode instead
0 Likes