Original topic:

Finger print sensor not working on samsung s20 5g

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 05:48 AM)
Sise93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung s20 5g (SM-G981B/DS) and it has been one month since my phone cannot recognize my fingerprint. I tried several suggestions that I found in this community, e.g:

1- Clean the screen and remove the old glass protection

2- Force reboot by holding low volume + power off buttons

3- Remove and add new fingerprints

4- Update firmware of the sensor, current version 6.0.0.6

5- Update firmware of the phone, current version G981BXXUEFVDB/G981BOXMEFVDB/G981BXXUEFVDB (1-May-2022)

6- Run sensor test by opening the phone and dialling *#0*#: Sensor>fingerprint test>normal scan

photo1652790899.jpeg

It failed to measure the DBIAS_TUNED_DBIAS_VOLTAGE, I cannot find on the internet what could cause this problem and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried going to your settings and clicking on "biometrics and security" >"more biometrics settings" >"biometrics security patch."
Sise93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, yes I have.

It says "The most recent version is installed".

Tunna
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My finger print does not work sometimes
ShaneKandhai
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Do you have a screen protector on your phone, I have to use a fingerprint sensor film under my screen protector for it to work.
Sise93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi. I removed the screen protector, once the problem is fixed I'll buy a fingerprint sensor film as you suggested.

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

if it still fails even with out the protector, then it could be defective sensor... you can check at an authorized repair center. 

if you have a lot of scratches on the glass then that also could be a cause (less likely in my opinion)

Sise93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, I also think is a problem with the sensor itself, but I wanted to check the different options before bringing it to the center.

Thanks

Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

oh you shared the test result from *#0*# testing.

yea... i'm leaning towards part swap... not sure what the cost will be, wouldn't expect to pay a whole lot tho

0 Likes