cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Fingerprint and gesture question

hello everyone i have 2 questions about the s20 (prob s10 can answer too). I upgraded from a s8.

1. Is it not possible to register my fingerprint without a pin lock? ----The s8 i was able to register finger for sam pass/pnc etc without needing a passcode meaning my phone was unsecured when opened but had finger registered. I hate unlocking my phone everytime i use it, it never leaves my pocket.

2. Gestures for no home button, the swipe up and hold for apps isnt flawless. When holding up the gesture my phone does the single vibrate but sends me to home screen. Anyone else have that? Is it possible to get a single swipe up for home and app and left/right for back, i simply have small hands and the hold for apps isnt working as planned.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Fingerprint and gesture question

You need a pin or password when registering a fingerprint. It's a security feature. You can disable the screen lock again after registering a fingerprint. But don't forget the original pin or password because you'll need it again when ever you add another fingerprint.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Disabling passcode also disables fingerprint. Says it will remove fingerprint amd will need to reregister it which requires lock screen passcode.

I dont want a passcode i just want a fingerprint for my banking apps. I regret upgrading already after 3 days lol

Highlighted

In that case I don't know what else you can do other than setting up smart lock to keep your phone unlocked.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So stupid only works in motion. looks like ill be downgrading back to my broken s8

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I gave up on using gestures in place of the home tab. Too many variables,  especially when in Apps.

I had an S8, I am fine with requiring a pin or pattern after starting the phone. I thought it was required to have one of them regardless?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Not on the s8 since it had seperate scanner. 

I travel for work and set my phone down alot but its my work phone which is used aloooot.  so id have to either always have in my pocket and moving or input 100+ locations to have it unlocked since they removed the never sleep option in a update awhile ago.

Highlighted

You can try using smart lock to unlock your phone when certain conditions are met like when you're in a certain area or are connected to a device like a bluetooth headset. That way you can keep your phone unlocked while still having access to fingerprint features.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Ill give it a try for sometime before i decide. Idk why i need to secure my phone completely for MY finger print should be a option if im willing to risk havung a unsecured phone for work related reasons 🤷‍♀️

Highlighted
Astronaut

To ELISA welcome back ELISA miss you so much my heart feel better okay my friend