cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Fingerprint home screen circle

Just unboxed the new Samsung Galaxy S20 5G.  

The circle on the home screen- can this be turned off? When you watch videos you can still see it in the screen and its kind of annoying.  

I have played with biometrics a little and tried to change the show icon when screen is off to 'never' but the circle says imbedded in the screen. 

Any troubleshooting tips specific to the S20?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Fingerprint home screen circle

sorry to hear about that, you could PM a @samsungmoderator if you arent able to find a solution. i was looking for some myself and will contunue too if i run into one to solve this.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

can we see a picture of that circle? Is it the fingerprint unlock animation when you unlock the device you are wanting to take off?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

hello @userO0djVOu3WJ 

sorry you're having this issue. I myself haven't run into this issue. can you take a screenshot of the FP icon while on your home screen? After you unlock your phone, the fingerprint icon should disappear, it shouldn't stay on your screen.

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userO0djVOu3WJ 

Please remove the plastic cover with a circle cut out. It's not meant to stay on and there is another screen protector under it.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1