Original topic:

Frustrated Over A Majority of Things in the Newest Software Update

(Topic created on: 12/25/20 10:19 AM)
Faeyt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
So, first and foremost, Merry Christmas and happy holdays.

Ok, so first let me say, I'm not all that Tech Savvy, although I'm quite strong in the "notice something different" department. Last night when I somehow had a software update take place, either i might've had a slip of the finger and clicked it without noticing, or it was a forced update. Regardless, I am not satisfied in the least.

First, the text messages, obviously on Christmas, friends and family will send Christmas wishes and merrys and happys you know, especially by using gifs. Im no longer able to see the gifs, it says message size and stuff and yes i get that if a file is too large it needs maybe a download or something. But gifs, at least for me, before this update, wouldn't have any issues and just look like any normal gif or image. It would appear like a normal image but doing what gifs do best, is have action or such. But no such thing is happening like that now, after the update. It says to download each and every single one im being sent, and even when i do try and download them, they don't display or even DOWNLOAD.

Next, as another upset person wrote, she also wrote about the software update not being as likable as it was before, she mentioned convenience over appearance. Or something along those lines, but i completely agree convenience over appearance is the best thing, ESPECIALLY when its for quick action required on our smart devices. I preferred seeing my contacts pictures next to their name when looking at phone call log history, like how it used to be in the previous updates. Now for some people that might be a hassle to have so many things to look at and get distracted by, but for some people, others who might be feeling like how i do, we prefer images. We can identify something far faster by visual cognitive recognition. So images that we have for our contacts, super helpful for those who take a minute to read. Maybe a decent compromise, between those who are better with visuals and those with words, to have the option to turn the feature for contact images enabled or disabled.

For the convenience of things, i far more preferred the old setup of the gallery, than the newer one. I enjoyed having favorites right up at the top with the other important stuff like videos which makes sense since videos are most likely a large folder/album. However, now the gallery is just organized in a way where everything is shoved into one little tab, and you actually have to look to find what you're looking for. Its just too cramped. And it's just a hassle. Keel the more important separate from the barely ever used. Not satisfied here.

Also, the notifications, i preferred the other style setup and appearance. My apps notifications are in an order that i just find frustrating. I have to scroll all the down to the bottom just to get to the other notifications that used to be close to the top with other notifications. Now with them being separated as Alerting Notifications, its not even useful. Some of my apps will have half of their notifications in alerting, and the rest at the top. I prefered the old setup with the not so important notifications or maybe it was called something else. But still. Not happy. ALSO, I'm not done with the notifications just yet. Why do my notifications do the little notification pop-up without color! This refers back to my visuals over words argument. The color of yellow, to me when i see it, more often than not will be identified as a snapchat notification. But now all the pop-up tab for the notifications, they all have that soft gray blue color, and they are getting annoyingly confusing with text message notifications. Thats incredibly aggravating to have to deal with, ALSO the tab is way to small. Yeah i get it, the small it is, the less space it'll take up on our screen and maybe even interrupt whatever it is we were in the middle of doing. But honestly, thats too small, and INCREDIBLY difficult to notice now since each and every single one of them pop up in the hard to see gray color. Also, maybe its just me, but the time frame from when the notification will pop-up to when it disappears, it feels slightly faster than before. How are we supposed to click on a notification if, 1) we cant see it because it blends into our phone, 2) the pop-up tab isnt large enough to catch our attention since most of the time people are probably looking down towards a keyboard or reading a message close to the bottom even, 3) we cant even click the notification because its too quick, and we noticed it too late cause of the size and color, which weren't eye-catching enough to let our brains know "Hey! You got a new message, but I'm not too sure if it's from text messages or from a different app SINCE EVERYTHING IS GRAY AND SMALL. And what happened to the YouTube notifications!? Now we cant even see any images of the video that is being notified to us? Why guys! Its annoying enough to have to pull down the notifications list from the top and scroll all through the list to try and find the one single notification that you may or may not be so sure it really showed up in that last split second you thought you saw it. 

OK! Now, i have no clue if its due to Samsungs newest software update or due to my game application. I had Cat Game installed on my phone for several years now, and it worked just fine earlier in the day, i had the update take place late last night. I contacted Cat Games support team and told them the same thing I am about to tell you. 

Now that is the exact message I had sent to the Cat Game Supplrt Team, and i am currently waiting for a reply. Like i said i don't know if this is an error on Samsungs end or Cat Game, but i want this to be fixed. One way or another. The funny thing is though, i have a pretty strong hunch this a Samsung job fix, because it only stopped working after the update happened. I can say this confidently precisely because i was playing the game literal seconds before the update happened. So yeah, I am pretty positive on my hunch. 

There are probably a dozen more things i will find annoying or unsatisfactory about this new software update, but I'm upset to continue on. 
4 Replies
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
It was a forced update. They're all forced updates now. I hate that people aren't given the option any longer. You're supposed to be able to click postpone three times. I never clicked postpone once or restarted my phone yet after 2 days I get a message that the phone will update at 1 the next morning. Great.

File an error report for each of your problems so they'll know about it.
Faeyt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
thank you for the advice. Of all the days it had to happen on, just had to be Christmas, am i right? Anyways, ill be sure to send in the error reports, is it alright if i just edit it a little bit and just copy and paste the paragraphs i already have??
Diaboyos
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I would recommend doing a separate error report for each problem. Other than that let's try to enjoy the rest of the day. :snowflake:
Faeyt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
@Diaboyos Thank you once again and Happy Holidays