Original topic:

GOODBYE SAMSUNG!!

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 3:25 PM)
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm literally holding back tears right now. Ever since the Android 11 update my phone has been a total mess. And yesterday was the last straw. I was browsing on the web and my phone froze so I pressed the power button to press the option to restart my phone (something I've had to do lately many times in order to get the Google Play store and Samsung store to download apps/themes/fonts). So my device proceeds to restart and then it gets stuck in a boot loop. I left it alone for a half hour hoping that it may come on regular. Nothing happened. So I thankfully was able to get to the Recovery Mode and tried to wipe the cache partition and then reboot. Nothing happens again, just stuck in a boot loop. I tried 2 more times to wipe the cache partition, still in a boot loop. So I eneded up having to do a Factory Reset!!!! I wasn't prepared to do this because I hadn't been able to backup my phone to an SD card or my computer. ALL MY PERSONAL PHOTOS ARE GONE NOW. Anything that was on my phone storage IS GONE, ALL GONE!! NO WAY TO GET THOSE PHOTOS BACK. I'M SO BEYOND ANGRY RIGHT NOW 🤬🤬! 

Ever since the update there's been problems after problems. I sent error tickets through the Samsung Members app and did everything they advised me to do. I even got a new SIM card, repaired apps through Galaxy Labs and through Recovery, signed in/out of Google and Samsung accounts, deleted/uninstalled apps or other things. So I did my due diligence to get my phone to work right. NONE OF IT WORKED!! NOT EVEN THE DANG FACTORY RESET because today my phone has crashed 3 times since 10am. I'M DONE WITH SAMSUNG 🤬🤬🤬!!! After 15 years of being a loyal customer, telling my family that you were the best (and you were the best in my opinion) and sticking it out with the whole Note 7 dibochal, I'm moving on I can't lose anymore. 

I've read the posts from so many ppl having issues with the Android 11 update. And there's no one you can talk to to fix your phone/no one cares to, is how I feel. Ever since Corona-19 customer service for ANY company has become a Total Joke. They're taking advantage of this time and not caring about the customers AT ALL!! So you win Samsung I'm so upset that I can no longer stand behind a company like this. Android 11 screwed me over and I'm hurt and ANGRY:face_with_steam_from_nose:🤬. And maybe all these emotions are pathetic or whatever but I needed to get this out. Not to slander or encourage any kind of negative effect on Samsung. I just want to share my feelings and maybe just maybe by reading this it may help someone by seeing that they aren't alone/crazy for feeling how they feel.

And yeah I get it I should've backed up my phone when I first started having problems. But it never occurred to me that my phone would get stuck in a boot loop by simply restarting it 🤨. And yeah I'm angry over a phone, photos lost and dumb app hiccups when there's so much more to be upset about. But the point of it is that I/we as customers spend a bunch of money on these devices and we shouldn't have to deal with mess like this, it's unacceptable and wrong!! AND THERE SHOULD BE SOMEONE/SOMEWHERE WE CAN GO TO GET REAL ASSISTANCE!!! Because I know when I call Samsung corporate I'm just gonna get the runaround or they'll tell me there's nothing they can do for me (I've read posts about customer service as well and the negative representatives). But I'm gonna give it try, I don't have high hopes though. Because ideally I'd like to finish paying off this s20 so I can move on to another brand but in the meantime I want an s20 (cloud pink) that will work. I WISH I COULD GO BACK TO ANDROID 10!
20 Replies
SalPh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I can't help you myself, but I'm sorry to hear your phone is giving you so much trouble. A phone should be a tool, not a burden. I hope you're able to get things figured out and end up with a phone you're happy with.
zkent
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Sorry to hear. I use google photos and my photos are backed up instantly. other providers such as Samsung, Amazon Photos, Dropbox, etc can be set up to do this as well.
NoviHomines
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
This, I do as well, always have a cloud backup. Also, 15yrs is a long time, you probably have switched through numerous phones. Are you sure you hadn't signed up for a backup solution in the past? Maybe double check that, some of your older photos may be salvageable. But omg so sorry to hear that! :heart_suit::heart_suit::heart_suit:
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you so much ❤. Yeah I looked everywhere because I thought the same thing. That maybe I had backed them up somewhere but no I didn't. I feel so dumb because I should've had my photos backed up somewhere anywhere. But also I've never experienced so many issues with an update before. I wasn't thinking about backing up anything. I've been with Samsung so long, bought lots of phones and a tablet (phones are more my speed). Which is another reason why I'm so upset because it only took this Android 11 update to take away so many precious moments after so many years with the same company.
kim0208
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I was getting the Dec 29th update on my S20 ultra 5g and it burned up my bootloader. my phone was a whopping 2 MTHS old.
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I didn't think anyone would care to read or understand why I'm so upset and angry. It's really been hard looking through my photos and realizing how much I actually lost. It's heartbreaking to say the least. Since posting, I've experienced 2 more crashes today and sent error tickets once again. I hope sending those tickets aren't for nothing. I want these issues to be fixed FOR REAL not just a temporary bandaid. I want for everyone having issues with the Android 11 update to get help because we deserve to have phones that work properly.
I'm going to take the advice and look into a cloud service that works for me. I haven't used a cloud service thus far because I'm afraid of who could get their hands on my pics or other info. That stuff that happened with Apple cloud (or whatever it's called) freaked me out. I don't want my stuff out in the world for ppl to see, not that I have anything risqué or something, nor am I famous in the first place that someone would want to put my photos out to the world. But it's my private stuff and I wanna keep it that way. So I'll be doing some research and also contacting Samsung tomorrow about a replacement...hopefully. Oh and emailing the office recommended by @DGM.
NoviHomines
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Good luck!
usernv85WXmgTq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

For sensitive photos there are both free and paid versions that not only transfer it from your default gallery app to an app that can or not be hidden that's password protected, encrypted with automatic cloud backup. If hacking is a big concern there are paid versions with military grade encryption that have automatic cloud backup feature too. 

0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
Monique- Are you certain your pics aren't on your SD card... There's the outside chance that they were getting saved there...

And through all this, you did a factory reset, right?

By chance, do you still have any of your previous phones? If so, many of your pics could be there too.

Btw, you could backup your pics to a computer/pc/mac fairly easily. If you decide to do that, you just have to be make sure nothing happens to your pc/mac. I personally use the Verizon Cloud and Google Pics for backups... some tech guy told me that's what he did, so I followed his advice. So if something goes wrong with Google Photos I have backups on Verizon Cloud and vice versa. But I get what you are saying about using a cloud... it seems in this day and age these tech companies have everything about us, especially Google and Facebook. I don't use FB, but it's almost impossible not using Google in some fashion. :\

We all want you to do well with this huge challenge. Please keep us posted.