JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S 20 ultra- How to disable pop up text notification bubble?

(Topic created: 03-07-2020 11:11 PM)
hmga0309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I couldn't find a solution in any recent posts, so forgive me in advance if this has already been answered.

I keep getting this little blue pop up notification bubble every time I receive a text message, but I can't figure out how to disable this. Any ideas? See screenshot: https://ibb.co/BBBXyjrScreenshot_20200308-015424_One UI Home~2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there @hmga0309, I hope you're doing well.

The best way to get rid of this pop up and still have Edge Lighting is to either remove the Messages app from Edge Lighting or to only have Edge Lighting display when the screen is off.

Go to Settings>Display>Edge Screen>Edge lighting>

From there, you'll have different options. The first is the lighting style. Skip that one. The second option is to choose which apps you want as part of the Edge Lighting.

Press Choose apps and unselect the Messages app.

If you'd still like the pop-up but only when the screen is off, you can change Edge Lighting to do so by clicking on the "Show Edge Lighting" option.

I've attached some screenshots for your reference. I hope this helps, take care!

Screenshot_20200311-104919_Edge screen.png

Screenshot_20200311-104857_Edge screen.png

Screenshot_20200311-104924_Edge screen.png

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

Do you have edge lighting turned on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

hmga0309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@Stephanie Nikki I do have edge lighting enabled. Would disabling it remove this pop up notification bubble the next time I receive a text?

(P.S. Jiji!!! Totoro is currently my background)

0 Likes
Ken C
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes it would.

Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey there @hmga0309, I hope you're doing well.

The best way to get rid of this pop up and still have Edge Lighting is to either remove the Messages app from Edge Lighting or to only have Edge Lighting display when the screen is off.

Go to Settings>Display>Edge Screen>Edge lighting>

From there, you'll have different options. The first is the lighting style. Skip that one. The second option is to choose which apps you want as part of the Edge Lighting.

Press Choose apps and unselect the Messages app.

If you'd still like the pop-up but only when the screen is off, you can change Edge Lighting to do so by clicking on the "Show Edge Lighting" option.

I've attached some screenshots for your reference. I hope this helps, take care!

Screenshot_20200311-104919_Edge screen.png

Screenshot_20200311-104857_Edge screen.png

Screenshot_20200311-104924_Edge screen.png

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
hmga0309
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@Rydah That did it! Thank you for screenshots and to all that responded 🙂

0 Likes
Tlc72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My note 20 ultra automatically shows pop up actions when I tap apps menu and buttons.
0 Likes
FallingNebula
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Keep getting badge notification popping up when opening edge panel, EVERY SINGLE TIME! It is non stop. Even when badge notifications are turned off it STILL SHOWS UP! When going to edge panel settings I'm given the option to turn off notifications but it's grayed out saying it needs permissions. Why does it even need to have permissions when all I'm doing is quick accessing apps?!?!??! There is no way to turn off in settings that I have found. The only way I stopped it is by removing edge panel altogether..... Using note 20ultra. 

GG123
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
did you ever find out how to turn off the annoying pop up quick panel notification?
0 Likes