Original topic:

Galaxy S20 5g will not send texts or make calls

(Topic created: 06-28-2022 09:40 AM)
userpGvfABODJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

So I rebooted today and it quit working again. Uninstalled and reinstalled Google Carrier Services and that was a swing and a miss. 

What am I missing?

Installing Google Carrier Services fixed it for a day.

My phone just quit sending texts and cannot make a call. T-Mobile tried 2 new SIM cards to no avail. Software is up to date. No new apps installed. Airplane and Do Not Disturb are off. I also reset Network Settings.

However FB messenger works on wifi. I have 0 service bars with a 'x' on the icon. 

Anyone else have this and was able to fix it.

Thanks

10 Replies
Jeselle64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That's a lot. My phone stopped sending texts and I contacted Metro to troubleshoot it, everything was fine. Hope you get it fixed
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
Try Installing Google carrier services and then reboot your phone this will fix carrier issues with connectivity ,also please make sure that your sim cards are registered with your carrier
userpGvfABODJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
This worked for a day. I rebooted and phone has quit again.
0 Likes
userpGvfABODJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Also FB Messenger works on WIFI only. I get texts from companies but not from individuals and those are on wifi as well. I connected to the Spectrum Free Trial for phones, and I was able to make a call.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
If you tried installing the Google carrier services application and that doesn't work please try resetting your network connections, to reset your network connections open the settings on your phone and then go to general management and select reset and then select reset network settings, this will result in a complete reset of all of your settings for wifi and mobile data
userpGvfABODJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I did a full reset after trying GCS and network reset. Full reset didn't work either. Sounds like this may be a hardware issue.
0 Likes
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Are you in 5G lock mode? I know I couldn't do either when I used to lock in 5G for data signals.
userpGvfABODJF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
No I'm not
0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Did you buy your device new or at least how long have you had it? The reason I asked is because sometimes people buy phone on eBay that are still under payment plan and can be blocked by carrier for non payment.

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone