Original topic:

Galaxy S20+ A series equivalent

(Topic created: 12-14-2022 06:50 AM)
usertRFNTcVfeX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi 

This might be off-topic a bit but would like some input. I have the Galaxy S20+ and looking to update to something newer. I have found no comparable version of the Galaxy and wondering if there is a A series somewhat similar. My main concern is ram and an sd card slot. The camera isn't really a concern either.

Any thoughts appreciated

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Most new phones don't come with SD card slots. But if you get something like the galaxy s22, the base storage is 128gb.

On my galaxy s10 with 128gb, I only have about 40gb used. there's still about 90gb left.

I think the base s22 it the s22+ would be great options for you.

The galaxy a series phone are not known for amazing performance. The higher the number, the better the performance, but your current s20 will out perform most, if not all of the a series phones.

The A73 would be a good option, but it would still fall behind your s20 series phone.

My recommendation is go grab the S22 if you can afford it. Or if youre looking to spend a little more money, or you want a bigger screen, you can but the S22 plus

View solution in context

6 Replies
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
You can go for Samsung's high-end A series those come with SD card slot but less RAM or their S22 series but they have no SD card slot. If you must have both SD card and RAM then you'll have to look to other manufacturers like Sony and their Xperia series, Motorola and their G stylus, Xiaomi, OnePlus or TCL.
0 Likes
Solution
TacoMaster63
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Most new phones don't come with SD card slots. But if you get something like the galaxy s22, the base storage is 128gb.

On my galaxy s10 with 128gb, I only have about 40gb used. there's still about 90gb left.

I think the base s22 it the s22+ would be great options for you.

The galaxy a series phone are not known for amazing performance. The higher the number, the better the performance, but your current s20 will out perform most, if not all of the a series phones.

The A73 would be a good option, but it would still fall behind your s20 series phone.

My recommendation is go grab the S22 if you can afford it. Or if youre looking to spend a little more money, or you want a bigger screen, you can but the S22 plus
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
The Samsung A53 is good mid-ranger with 6GB of RAM and expandable storage.
0 Likes
tarHeElBen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Go for S20 5g ultra with 512gb or 256 gn storage..Best phone Samsung makes
0 Likes
tarHeElBen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Get the S20 Ultra. It has it all and problem the best Ultra of them all. I have 512gb plus SD slot if I want it
Don't need it with 512
0 Likes
tarHeElBen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Plus 16 gb of ram
0 Likes