JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 - Camera blurry

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 08:41 PM)
Lunar3G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20 5G has been having alot of issues with the camera, specially when i try to take pictures of cars. Alot of the time when i try to take a pic of a car the camera will make it really smooth and undetailed. But it doesnt do this when i take a pic that isn't a car. Ive tried wiping off the lense but it doesn't do anything.

The center is blurred but the outside isn't when i took take photos of my Eclipse

10 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried clearing the app an seeing if that helps. If not that, the. I would call your local Ubreak IFix or a Batteries plus bulbs an see what they Say.
0 Likes
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Maybe you not letting it Focus
0 Likes
Lunar3G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
It's in focus before i take the pic. The pics will become blurry after i take them
0 Likes
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
OK you still might be moving right before you take it. You u have auto focus
0 Likes
Lunar3G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I dont think its moving either since i hold my phone quite steady when i go to take pics
0 Likes
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Some owners of the most expensive Galaxy S20 variant have reportedly complained to its maker, Samsung, that its rear cameras cannot focus over very short distances. The same users have called for a firmware upgrade that might fix this. However, this problem may be due to the physical constraints of the phone's image sensor.
0 Likes
Lunar3G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Idk it could be the camera itself since my telephoto camera got really messed up after my S20 was water damaged. But my main sensor just now started to do this

0 Likes
Holmessr86
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Make sure you're not in portrait mode and turn off scene optimizer
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

I can definitely understand how frustrating this is, especially when trying to capture those precious moments! If you just recently purchased the unit, please check, as sometimes there's a protective film that will be placed over the lens.  Here are some additional steps you can try :

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001424/

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to have service diagnostics on the phone. You have a couple of different options for this based on your warranty. 

If you're in warranty, you can reach out to our support teams to have service set up for you. 

Facebook

Twitter

Message a moderator: just click on our name and select the message option. 

1. UbreakiFix/Walk-in Repair. : You can utilize the following link to find a local walk-in repair center to perform the diagnostics. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0002101 

If you are out of warranty, we recommend reaching out to our phone support team for further options, 1-800-726-7864

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.