Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE 5G SM-G781B/DS volume key broken

(Topic created: 02-17-2021 02:31 PM)
Warobaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello,

After a quick search here, I haven't found any thread for this, but googling my issue has given some results over on Reddit for example.

My volume key just broke. No shock happened to the phone, it didn't fall either. the volume-up side of the key is now unhinged and protrudes easily from its normal position.

I have bought the phone last december, and i have an official clear view cover as a means of protection.

Since it is under warranty, I don't want to try and repair it myself.

Has this happened to other people here ? Is this problem taken under warranty ?

Here's a picture of my phone.

S20FE volume cassé.png

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my english 🙂

0 Likes
3 Replies
Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
hello,

you can take your phone to your local UBreakIFix store and they can check and repair that for you. They are an authorized Samsung repair store.
0 Likes
Leo831
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
You should still be under warranty. As of yet, I haven't had any issues.
0 Likes
Solution
Warobaz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Well, I repaired it myself. I lacked patience.
I took the whole key off the phone, and saw one of the little plastic guides that keep it in place stayed inside, so i delicately got it out, then proceeded to glue it back to the key. A bit of trial & error was necessary so the key would move as intended, but now it works.

@Mari_K there is no authorized store in my area (50km around). Samsung offered to send me a form so I can send my phone directly to a repair centre, but I really couldn't afford having no phone, since I use it professionnally on a daily basis.

@Leo831 Let's hope i didn't void it in the process ! But there is no damage on the phone itself. Only the key shows a little dent on its paint after i took it out a 2nd time (the glueing process left the key wider just under the plastic guide, i had to ajdust).

Thank you both for your answers ! 😄