cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S20 FE broken camera glass

I'm seeing posts about the s20 ultra having the problem I have. My camera glass fractured in my pocket without any trauma. It looks like a hole directly over the middle camera. This has to be a design or manufacturing failure. I bought this phone on Friday when I came out and it broke within 72 hours. I'm disappointed. Is anyone else having this issue with the FE?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S20 FE broken camera glass

Update from before, I talked to samsung who sent me to UBreakIFix. They said they don't even have the parts to fix it and won't for 3-4 weeks since it is so new. So not only do I have a device that has a problem, it has a problem that cannot be fixed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

me too within 48 hrs so its mid november and still cant get parts for it I do think samsung should pay for it too

Highlighted
Constellation

Boy that is so SAD! Mine is fine so far but the tempered glass screen protector I have coming also has protectors for the camera glass...we'll see how well it works.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My camera glass did the same thing too but I had my phone less than 24 hours

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy S20 FE broken camera glass

same here! the glass over the lens of my son's FE cracked within 24 hours- a whole day before the tempered glass protectors arrived via Amazon 2-day shipping. The phone was never dropped, never abused, always transported with utmost care. he's always been good with his things, so I trusted him to keep the phone pristine until the tempered glass arrived, and it's not even his fault. he just pulled it out of his pocket and the camera glass was cracked. I'm super bummed about this.
Highlighted
Constellation

This happened to me as well, broke in my pocket with a protective case. There is now a hole in the bottom lens. Seems like this is something that should be covered by Samsung since its such a common problem. Only had the phone for a week!

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem here. Glass cracked in less than 24 hrs. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Exactly the same with mine. Ive had it 3 days no drops, no trauma. I havent even used the camera yet. Now its cracked. Its got to be a design flaw.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same phone . had it for 3 weeks and the exact same thing happened to me. I called Samsung and they are insisting that it is physical damage and not covered under warranty. I had a $200 Huawei phone for 2 years that had seen some pretty bad drops and a mishandles and never even scratched. my new Samsung s20fe had not been mishandled or dropped or received any kind of trauma and my camera glass is broken. exactly how you describe . it looks like it broke in the middle and now has cracks running in every direction. the first time I have spent this kind of money on a phone and a watch and it took less than 30 days for Samsung to lose me forever. I will never buy another Samsung product as long as I live