JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE text issues UPDATE

(Topic created: 12-26-2020 01:28 AM)
DRomRod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Did the update (that I had no idea was needed because I received no notification) and sending group text of 11 still doesn't work. I read another post we are supposed to be able to send up to 40 texts at once. I was able to do this on my Galaxy 7 and 8. Why isn't this working?? Wishing I hadn't upgraded...

UPDATE: Called my Carrier who walked me through a reset and a clearing of the cache and data of the Messaging app. Now it's working fine. Explanation was: sometimes when the phones update, Apps will have problems and you need to clear both the app itself and the Carrier device app in system settings. Hope this helps!! BTW I have Tmobile.
8 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20
Lots of people have phone and text issues after the update. Fill out an error report. The more people who do hopefully the faster it will get fixed.
Mega01
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah,this update was really bad.
hated
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
did you fix it?
0 Likes
Solution
DRomRod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
yes! see updated post above
hated
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
am glad u figure it out. I have the same phone as you ... the s20 FE 5g
0 Likes
sandoids
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
am having the same problem since I updated 2 days ago. I only get intermittent texts. I cleared caches and everything and I'm still having problems. I test it with another phone and text myself
0 Likes
DRomRod
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Definitely call Tech Support of your phone Carrier and let them know there was an update and the app is giving you issues. They will walk you through how to get it to work again.
notanapplefan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you for the info. I'm beginning to lose my faith in samsung.
0 Likes