cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S20 Fe Selfie / Front Facing Camera focus issues

Does anyone know if Samsung plans to fix the focus issues on the front facing selfie camera for the S20 FE? It's currently fixed focus with no options for auto focus. This is a huge let down as no one wants a fixed focus camera on a flagship phone!
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S20 Fe Selfie / Front Facing Camera focus issues

front facing camera blurry on s20 fe ..first time switch from apple this is nightmare
Highlighted
Astronaut

such a nightmare the basic stuff doesn't work as expected..goddamn new out of the box
Highlighted
Astronaut

I get better results with a gcam port I found or oddly enough 4k video. idk why but the colors and exposure look a lot better in video as well as my face staying in focus.

Fixed focus isn't too bad, but I don't appreciate the aggressive face smoothing that can't be turned off. Not to mention compensation for low indoor light isn't great..
Highlighted
Constellation

The evident absence of a self-adjust include is creating terrible photographs with soft surfaces and no detail! Smiley Sad And lowlight photographs? Disregard it! It seems like a midrange to lowrange front camera by and large! It's just marginally adequate and less observable in wonderful lighting. Brain you, this is with all beatification includes off + GCam!

Kodi nox

Highlighted
Astronaut

That's the thing though the actual sensor itself is pretty high end. Its a 30mp sensor so it's definitely capable of taking good photos in different lighting conditions it's just that software isn't utilizing the hardware properly.

Here just see what I mean. Both of these photos were taken under same conditions with the same camera. One with gcam, one with Samsung's stock camera. I think you'll be able to tell which one is which lol.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KtZpe4QhTzPZZYQT8
Highlighted
Astronaut

why does my front camera look like its zooming in randomly while I'm using my fone i have s20 fe