cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

I bought this phone not to long ago and I sometimes (or many times) get a suddenly no connection/ no cellular serivce on this device, it's extremly annoying as I have to restart the phone to get it corrected , my friend warned me to get an Ipone instead of Android and my fear is somehow confirmed, lot''s of bugs and not working components / software on the plattform with different other apps ( Instagram especially)

How can I fix this " Android " nightmare ??

and yes the software is up to date and the problem is not on the providers side

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

it honestly just started happening for me too after updating the phone. maybe there's a bug
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

ok , so there seems to be a problem ,I just wish they would fix this or at least confirm the bug and that  they are working on it !!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

NOT ONE RESPONSE FROM SAMSUNG !!  CORPORATE AMERICA 

Highlighted

Re: Re: Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data ..

You don't mention what carrier you are with. I am with Tmobile. I have had this happen a few times and can fix, at least for awhile, by opening the Tmobile App and hitting the Fix This button where it then resets a couple of things. As a result, at least in my case, I am thinking this is a Tmobile issue and not a Samsung one.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data ..

Thanks, yes it looks like its on the network provider s side

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S20 G5 : disruption with txt and calls / not wifi or cell data related

Jesus dude. Just because 2 ppl have issues from millions, you expect them to notice & respond in 2 days? That's not how the world works. Practice some patience.

I had Android from day one and tons of Samsung devices for many many generations period this is the first time I have had this type of annoying issue as well. I spent $1,500 on my note 20 ultra and I use it for business so imagine what happens to me when I unwillingly hang up on clients trying to send me business worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The certified Samsung third-party tech in my town said that many people were having this issue and it is due to a software that was rolled out about 6 weeks ago. I hope that's all this is so there will be a fix for it eventually because Samsung wants users to send their phone in while they do the same thing you can do at home. so you will be out of a phone for 9 to 12 days.

And from my research it takes about three times of doing this before they will agree to replace your phone period which might not even fix your issue. My local Samsung repair facility said they could do a deeper type of hard reset and reflash the software which could more likely fix the issue but my phone won't accept the flash so they believe my motherboard is defective. So now I'm stuck with a $1,500 brick in Samsung won't send me a loaner phone or just replace it before going through a month of troubleshooting with me and leaving me without a phone to do business.