JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Hotspot

(Topic created: 05-08-2021 07:54 AM)
BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Can Samsung please tell the owners of the Galaxy S20 how long will it be until an update will be available to fix the Mobile Hotspot issue that we have that was caused by the April 1, 2021 update?  I don't want to go back to my old phone, but I may have to since my S20 is useless to me without a functioning Mobile Hotspot feature. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Here's a link that may be of assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245/.  Ultimately you'll need to contact your carrier.  We apologize for any frustrations that this may have caused.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
For what it's worth, I have been checking every day to see if Samsung has put out an update to fix the April 1, 2021 update. On Monday, May 24, 2021 I discovered that there was another update available. I installed it and when everything was finished, I tried the Mobile Hotspot again. It's still broke or it might just be busted; I can't tell which.

This latest update is dated May 1, 2021. So, if you have an S20, don't install either the April 1 or May 1 update and your phone should work fine.

I guess we'll get another update at the end of June and it will be dated June 1, 2021. I'll post back here as soon as I know if it finally works.
0 Likes
BobNanner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just installed the latest update which is dated June 1, 2021, and they still have not fixed the Hotspot problem.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Here's a link that may be of assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001245/.  Ultimately you'll need to contact your carrier.  We apologize for any frustrations that this may have caused.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes