Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Plus on Xfinity Mobile - Wifi Calling Toggle Greyed Out

(Topic created: 06-25-2022 08:00 PM)
Members_LHlF0VE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I've got an S20 Plus on Xfinity mobile and I am unable to turn on wifi calling on it.  Xfinity says that they support it on the phone, and there should be no reason it won't allow it to turn on.  But when I go through the dialer into setting and scroll down to the wifi calling option, the entire line is greyed out including the toggle switch and I can't change it.  Nothing happens tapping anywhere on the entire row.  The toggle won't switch on, no menu or options pop up, nothing.

I've searched around to see if people have had a similar issue, but all I see are people who got new sim cards or had sim card issues and the entire wifi calling option disappeared.  Mine is there, it just won't let me turn it on.

I've never had it turned on in the past either.  It's just something I realized wasn't on when I moved into a new house with bad signal and assumed my wifi calling was on by default, just like my previous phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
Starchaser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
In the phone settings , not the dialer settings, do you have it turned on in connections?
0 Likes
Members_LHlF0VE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I do not see any option for wifi calling in the connections area of settings.  All that I see there are wifi and bluetooth toggles, then NFC and contactless payments and airplane mode toggles, the choices for mobile networks, data usage, mobile hotspot, and more connection settings.  I looked in each one of those categories and none of the options in them were for wifi calling either.

0 Likes
Starchaser
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine is a note 20, so the setting might not be on the s20, in my settings the wifi calling is right below the wifi setting. Sorry it didn't help.
0 Likes