Original topic:

Galaxy S20+ Problem

(Topic created: 03-05-2021 02:40 PM)
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Original post

This problem is difficult to describe. In the past week or so, I've experienced a problem where the screen quickly flashes and, at different times, may kick me back a screen or I might quickly see a dialog screen pop up and disappear before having a chance to read or identify it.

As an example, I can go in to the Amazon Shopping app, go to My Orders, and within a few seconds, the screen will flash and drop me back to the main Amazon Shopping screen. This is fairly repeatable though not 100%.

A few days later, a similar thing began happening in the Amazon Kindle app (bring up the Sync dialog and have it go to the most recent page from another device and then it flashes and drops me back to the original page). This is less repeatable than the Amazon shopping app.

I've seen the flash and quickly disappearing dialog at other times but not enough that I can identify what I'm doing at the time. 

Both my wife and a friend have the same phone. My wife's phone does not do this. The friend's phone has been doing it since at least February 1. Mine started around the end of February. 

Any ideas? 

Edit:

I thought I'd add this detail. I just entered the Kindle app on my phone and the book asked if I'd lie to go to the spot I was on further in the book. I said ok an it jumped to that spot. About 5 seconds later the screen flashed and completely dumped me out of the Kindle app. 

On re-entering, I was at the original location in the book. I synced and jumped to the farther location. Within seconds, the screen flashed and dropped me back into the Kindle home screen. 

On reopening the book, I was again at the original location and had to sync to get back to the farther location. This time, it stayed without a problem. 

Galaxy S20+ 5G (SM-G986U1) 
Software Version: G986U1UEU1DUB7 etc
Security Patch: March 1, 2021

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I believe that I have found what is/was causing this problem. For me, it doesn't happen any more during a few minutes of testing. I have forwarded this to my friend who also has this problem but have yet to hear back.

For me, the problem is with the Amazon appstore app stopping. I have uninstalled this from my phone and I have yet to get another "blip" that I described in my original post.

I found this by using another device to record a video of my phone when I opened the Amazon Kindle app. After a few seconds, I got the screen blip and Kindle exited and returned to my phone's home screen. By advancing the video frame-by-frame (or second-by-second), I found that a small screen flashed up that said "Amazon appstore keeps stopping".

I have not investigated why the Amazon appstore keeps stopping, but removing it has so far corrected the problem I reported in my original post.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20
Have you tried calling Samsung or better yet your phone provider?
0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Not yet. I was looking online for ideas first.
Options
Galaxy S20
ok don't take too long wouldn't like you to be without a working phone all that money you spend to get it...Good luck...
Options
Galaxy S20
Suggest you delete Amazon spp & reinstall. Then run Galaxy App Booster in Galaxy Labs.
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks. I should have mentioned that I did uninstall and reinstall the Amazon shopping app before posting.

I'll take a look at the App Booster.
0 Likes
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have run Samsung App Booster on my phone - it has no affect on the way Amazon Shopping is flashing and dropping me out of my orders.
0 Likes
Solution
useruWF647o4el
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I believe that I have found what is/was causing this problem. For me, it doesn't happen any more during a few minutes of testing. I have forwarded this to my friend who also has this problem but have yet to hear back.

For me, the problem is with the Amazon appstore app stopping. I have uninstalled this from my phone and I have yet to get another "blip" that I described in my original post.

I found this by using another device to record a video of my phone when I opened the Amazon Kindle app. After a few seconds, I got the screen blip and Kindle exited and returned to my phone's home screen. By advancing the video frame-by-frame (or second-by-second), I found that a small screen flashed up that said "Amazon appstore keeps stopping".

I have not investigated why the Amazon appstore keeps stopping, but removing it has so far corrected the problem I reported in my original post.
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!