Original topic:

Galaxy S20 USB-C earphones not working anymore

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 3:27 PM)
userHiUFJ8EpJW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi guys, 

I bought my Samsung S20 5G in July 2020 and since than I had once before an isssue with the AKG USB-C earphones ( in September 2020) but was resolved after few days ( after an update in firmware). 

Now seems that I have the same issue since last week. 

Since the last software update, suddenly my earphones are not recognized by my S20 5G phone. 

My charger is working properly and I tried audio jack 3.5 AKG earphones (with an OEM  USB-C adapter and are more less working too ( interrupted sound probably due to the adapter).

Only the AKG USB-C earphones are not recognized by the phone at all. 

Unfortunatelly I don't have another device accepting USB-C to check if the issue is on the earphones or the phone itself. 

I tried the possible solution that I found posted in the community but seems that are not fixing the issue the following:

1. Throught the Developer settings to disable the  USB audio routing.

2. Force stop the Samsung USB-C headphone app (in Apps).

There is any other possible alternative to fix this?

Maybe a manual firmware update or new software update to fix this issue? 

I am even considering doing a factory reset as is very annoying to not be able to use my earphones. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
After you force stopped the USB-C app did you clear cache? You may also try to clear data from the app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Gladiolus
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
is it possible to unninstall the update you got for the USB c? & then try again?
0 Likes
userHiUFJ8EpJW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately no

0 Likes
Solution
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
After you force stopped the USB-C app did you clear cache? You may also try to clear data from the app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userHiUFJ8EpJW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately now this app is not appearing at all in the running apps. I restarted my phone several times but is not there 

0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S20
the app should still be in settings->app. if it is running you will see the force stop button. I don't see mine in currently running services or cached apps. but it is in settings->app and shows as running from there. it is most likely running as a background app.
0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
try this... go to settings / General management / reset / reset all settings... then select to reset all settings and confirm your choice. That might fix your problem. Good luck!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!
0 Likes
userHiUFJ8EpJW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I did it but unfortunately didn't work for me. But thank you anyway for your help :) 

0 Likes