Original topic:

[Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10.5.02.11]

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 12:11 PM)
Options
Galaxy S20

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? After the 27th of November, I noticed that attempting to open the camera app (or any app that uses the camera) causes the app to crash with the message "Warning. Camera failed" before closing. The Galaxy Store reviews show that I'm not alone, but the Samsung support chat said that they haven't received any reports for it.

I'm more than able to provide crashlogs with ADB or dumpstate/logcat

I've tried:

• Clearing the Camera app's cache
  • Resetting the app back to default settings
  • Optimizing apps
  • Fully updating the phone
  • Using VolUp+Pwr to reset the phone's cache partition
0 Likes
12 Replies
Trav00
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
that didn't work.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

Unfortunately after submitting a ticket through the crash alert, as well as taking it to IBreakUFix, no hardware damage was found anywhere on the device. I ended up making a warranty claim and getting a new phone instead. The phone is identical in every single way, down to the version number of the camera, but the new phone inexplicably works. I'm going to chalk it up to a quirk and leave it at that. It seems unlikely that so many other people would have the exact same issue as I did, on the same version of the camera software, and still have it be called a hardware issue. The only other explanation I can think of is a minor change in the phone's hardware during production which caused earlier models to exhibit the issue. Who knows.

0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

it you get a message saying 'camera failed', then it is most likely due to hardware issue.

try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

0 Likes