cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10.5.02.11]

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? After the 27th of November, I noticed that attempting to open the camera app (or any app that uses the camera) causes the app to crash with the message "Warning. Camera failed" before closing. The Galaxy Store reviews show that I'm not alone, but the Samsung support chat said that they haven't received any reports for it.

I'm more than able to provide crashlogs with ADB or dumpstate/logcat

I've tried:

• Clearing the Camera app's cache
  • Resetting the app back to default settings
  • Optimizing apps
  • Fully updating the phone
  • Using VolUp+Pwr to reset the phone's cache partition
12 REPLIES 12
Constellation

Re: [Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10.5.02.11]

Same here.  I tried all of the above also.

I just sent a private message to Samsung.  Still awaiting the solution.

Astronaut

Re: [Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10...

following

Re: [Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10.5.02.11]

Update: I factory reset my phone, and it didn't fix the issue. Going into my carrier for a replacement. Insane that a company would release a $1400 phone that can't use it's camera because bad code was pushed through an app update

At this point I feel like Samsung moderators don't check these as often ast they should, but this is the reproduceable exception that's causing the camera to crash

Screenshot_2.png

Astronaut

Same here. I tried all fixes, took it to Ubreakifix and they couldn't fix it. They said it is the motherboard and you should contact 1-800samsung. I did and samsung simply said send it to us and it will take 8-10 days to get your phone back. Garbage phone and terrible customer service. They just don't care if it is their trash phone and need to provide people with a loan phone while it is beig repaired.

Re: Re: [Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version..

I also took it to UBreakIFix and Samsung's guidance, and they gave me even less information than you. After waiting for an hour, they just gave me the phone, said "Sorry we can't fix the issue", and that was it. I have a replacement arriving tomorrow. I guess I'll report back if it worked. I may end up having to switch to a different phone altogether since this doesn't seem like an easily fixed issue
Asteroid

Re: [Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G] "Camera failed" crash on OEM camera app [version 10...

There are thousands of reported issues of this and Samsung is just ignoring us. Time to flood social media with videos and complaints. Perhaps start filing FCC complaints?? IDK ... something needs to give in order to make them support their customers properly.
Astronaut

my camera keeps saying security policy restricts camera use
Samsung Care Ambassador

@ASchneider-Samsung Do you get this problem every single time you open the camera app? If so, you may have defective camera hardware. Check the hardware by dialing *#0*#.