JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G will not work with Verizon 5G network

(Topic created: 12-21-2020 08:52 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I purchased an unlocked Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g from Samsung with for Verizon but it will not work with Verizon's 5g network! Has anyone else experienced this or found a solution? Verizon told me to contact Samsung and Samsung told me to contact Verizon 🙄

9 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20

2 things
one, you may not even have 5g in your area or on your phone.
two, go to Verizon and have them install a free, new SIM. Samsung may not have installed one, or they may have used one from a different carrier.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I will try that thanks, and I checked the coverage map and I do have 5g coverage

0 Likes
useronC2wdLe4a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Following.. I'm in the same boat- only receiving LTE+, no option to switch to 3G/4G/5G in the connection settings.

Not sure if everyone else is experiencing the same. Seems like everyones still waiting on the update from Samsung 🤷‍:male_sign:

Options
Galaxy S20

It is my understanding LTE + is the symbol for Verizon's version of 5G UW--at least on non updated UI 2.5 devices.

useronC2wdLe4a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Im actually really glad you mentioned that @Cheyennehoofhearted . I've been on wifi most the time and it seemed slow when I tested it before going to Verizon and switching my old SIM to the new 5G one. Does seem to be working fast again now, thanks😅

Hopefully I'm not imagining it. Hope everyone else's works too 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20

I went to Verizon last night and they put a 5g Sim card in my phone and as of right now I still only have LTE + 🤷‍:male_sign: anyone else? Will the update solve it?

0 Likes
FBOL
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Just got Android 11 update on S20+ 5G and it includes VZW Nationwide 5G!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20
Me too!!!
0 Likes
Solution
userhoxH2dJzPM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Go to Settings>connections>mobile network>network mode. Switch to "LTE/CDMA". The phone will find the network, if you aren't connected to WiFi, you should see the 5G icon in the top right corner, once it finds the network.