Galaxy S20 Ultra - Screen glitches

(Topic created on: 9/3/20 7:46 AM)
Drsmith16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra G988B

while using the phone my screen sometimes glitch.

while I'm playing a game or watching a video it will glitch and pause the video or the game.

when the glitch happens you see the navigation bar turns white as well as a white bar at the top.

I've attached link to the video of what's happening
https://we.tl/t-SGP7XaUcJA

D.S
SAmsung Galaxy S20 Ultra G988B
0 Likes
13 Replies
Brew400
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same problem with the screen on my Galaxy s20 Ultra. The screen flickers while scrolling through Google pages or websites. The print on the page flickers. I believe this is a serious problem.
0 Likes
userTqkLK55Lz9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My screen flickers too when scrolling trough Google search, but i noticed this came with the latest update, so i guess it's a software bug. I hope they will fix this soon, like the compass bug (random vibration).

0 Likes
Brew400
Halo
Options
Galaxy S20
I filed an error report with Samsung and they responded with a message directing me to call their Tech support team directly to assist me with this particular problem! Apparently, they're going to troubleshoot with me and provide instructions to correct the issue.
0 Likes
Tariqx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
not helpful...cause it seems a known problem. cannot watch video of meetings, Due, zoom, etc.
0 Likes
usernU2586pFeW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I have it too. I'm getting a bad feeling as it is increases in frequency of occurrence that it is the beginnings of hardware failure.
0 Likes
beatriceblanche
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the glitches with my screen as well... today lasted approximately 15 minutes.... phone will not work at all when it does this. This is very concerning as I am a caregiver & never know when an emergency may arise & my phone be glitching
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I would like to look into this issue further for you. Does this issue still occur when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
FullOnKingKong
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm getting the issue as well,, my screen with auto scroll and gave weird touch inputs
0 Likes
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you been able to test your device while in safe mode to see if your symptoms persist? You can do this by following these steps.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
0 Likes