I have Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra since the day when it was officially released.
I have taken a lot of videos using this Phone and I have not had any issues with camera till now.
I presume that it might be related with a recent Firmware update released by Samsung, Though I am not entirely sure that this could be the reason.
I have ALWAYS recorder my videos using these settings ( WITHOUT ANY ISSUES ):
- 16:9 UHD 3840 x 2160 (30 FPS)
- Wide-angle mode (0.5x zoom)
- Video Stabilization – ON
- Super Steady Stabilization - OFF
- Auto HDR – ON
- Storage location – INTERNAL STORAGE
- Save Options -> Ultra wide shape correction – ON
- All remaining additional options - OFF
Currently, using this same camera setup (as before) – my videos are jagged in many places. It looks like some sort missing of frames in the video (sudden jump from one frame to another without smooth transition between).
I uploaded video to YouTube which shows exactly how the problem looks like (link below).
The problem is especially visible at the first 15 seconds.
At present moment, the only solutions which I found for this problem are:
either record video in 60-FPS (3840 x 2160),
or in 30FPS (1920 x 1080) using along with the Super Steady Stabilization function - ON.
Nevertheless, These solutions are not acceptable for me, both of them does not allow to use Wide-angle mode (0.5x zoom), which is very important for me, plus I do not want to use Super Steady Stabilization which crops the video.
I also tried to:
- record a video with the Storage location set on SD-CARD, it did not help.
- record a video with the phones set in SAFE MODE, it did not help.
The problem still exists.
Could anyone help me with this problem?
Thank you for replay,
1) Clearing data and cache from Camera App - did not help,
2) Clearing cache in Recovery Mode - did not help,
3) Full data/factory reset - did not help as well,
I guess that it may be hardware issue.