Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 12/28/20 1:19 AM)
userIqSX1nzou9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
I got the phone about 4 months ago. I am already on my second phone due to the loudspeaker sounding like it is blown? And now two months down the road and the replacement I received is no better than the original phone I purchased, same issue with the speaker.  I can't be the only one having this issue?  Anyone else?
0 Likes
5 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I just did a quick search for you on this forum, and the speaker problem on the S20 Ultra seems to be quite an issue!!! 

Below is a link of serveral other S20 Ultra owners dealing with the "same problem". Obviously this is a warranty issue, and you'll want to make sure that Samsung warranties each replacement phone for another year (at least the speaker component).    Your speaker should get warrantied after each replacement for another year since it's a known problem. - -  Good luck!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/s20-ultra-main-speaker-blown/m-p/1296762

Be sure to click  "✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

Nagisa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That post seems to have been deleted. Any idea what happened with it? I too am pretty upset about my new phone's speaker quality though I don't think it's a warranty issue, I think it's just terrible quality hardware.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Does this issue still occur when your phone is in safe mode?

0 Likes
Nagisa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I just tried it on Safe Mode at your suggestion and it sounds the same. 3 seconds into the song "I Took Your Picture" by Cults, you hear the bassline kick in. I can hear that on my old Pixel 3. It is nearly nonexistent on the S20. This speaker is missing the entire lower half of the frequencies. Sure, phone speakers in general aren't good, but compared to the Pixel 3 these speakers are incredibly disappointing and painful to listen to. I'm not sure if I'm missing something.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried changing the audio quality using the equalizer in your settings? Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080348/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes