Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S20 Wifi Issue - Cannot turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I might try helping.

1. Do you use an app that uses wifi scanning to operate such as nexar dashcam app?
  2. Put the device into the safe mode and see if the wifi drops?
  3. What is the phone's model number, carrier, Software version.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I recently sent my device back to the retailer with the same issues who then sent it back to Samsung. It was deemed faulty hardware and I was given a full refund... 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bumping this thread, as I have the same issue. Can someone verify if this can be fixed, or is it a hardware issue?

I have the Samsung S20 5G and I got it yesterday as a brand new phone from the store, WiFi keeps turning off and it cannot be turned on again without rebooting.

This issue might affect bluetooth as well, as I am having trouble connecting to my bluetooth devices, but it might be unrelated as I have not had enough time to test. Edit: Bluetooth probably unrelated, I had done the network reset which affects bluetooth devices as well.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned above?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I did the network reset, but it did not help, it did not seem to do anything. I still have to reboot to be able to turn wifi on again if it turns off. I have had to reboot twice this morning now, and it's not 10 am yet...

I put safe mode on and changed some wifi-settings, it seems to stay on longer now, but it still turns off once in a while. Current settings: Switch to mobile data: on, Turn on WiFi automatically: On

It had turned off again during the night, I had 100% battery when I went to bed at 23, then I had 56% in the morning 07:30. Is there a way to know where 44% of the battery went? Looking at the battery consumption, screentime was 0 minutes and the apps there had less than 0,5% each. I think the battery consumption came from not having WiFi on because the reception is quite bad here, but I am not sure.

I would think it is a software issue that can be fixed with an update because it works normally when it is on... It just turns off randomly and then does not let you turn it back on without the reboot.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersnWY2R0o6D Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did all the troubleshooting methods, including factory reset. The service center told me that the main board needs to be replaced. I asked to replace the unit instead. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, same issue here, brand new S20. The problem started from the very beggining when I configured the phone 1st time. I've been trying to get help from Samsung Argentina without any luck. 

Do you have any luck on solving this issue ?

thanks, 
Damian

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The service center figured that the main board is faulty. I asked to be given a new unit instead of having it repaired. I contacted them via the contact us page of the Samsung website of my country. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I fought with my phone for three weeks without any luck, I took it yesterday to Samsung Service Center. At its best, the Wifi worked for 24 hours straight, but at its worst, it was 5-15minutes at a time.

There does not seem to be a fix other than replacing the mainboard!