cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S20 Wifi Issue - Cannot turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, did all the troubleshooting steps, even going as far as doing a factory reset and updating to the latest firmware, but to no avail. 

I took my S20 Ultra to the service center, and they advised to have the main board replaced. And I will have to wait for two to three weeks for the replacement board to arrive. 

I was really disappointed as I have never experienced any factory defect on every flagship since the Note5, not to mention the fact that this is an ridiculously expensive phone.

I emailed Samsung through their Office of the CEO contact page, and asked to replace my unit with a brand-new one instead of repairing my faulty unit. They agreed, even beyond the 7-day replacement warranty, due partly to the quarantine. My new phone is on my way to me now. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
my phone has just started doing this. it will not let me turn on wifi. it has a few times, but then immediately turns off.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the Wi-Fi switch will not turn on to allow you to connect to Wi-Fi, you can test the phone in Safe Mode. 

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Bixby / Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Bixby / Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

If you are unable to connect to Wi-Fi while in Safe Mode, the phone will need to be set up for service. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is the fix guys. 

Go to wifi settings.

Tap on top right corner 3 dots

Tap advanced

Uncheck switch to mobile data

Thats it...

I use my phone in my basement office with wifi and my router is upstairs but since I got s20 it frequently drops wifi all together even though its not that far from upstairs router. Due.to the option enabled as soon my phone gets weak signals from router it.drops the connection even though home router these days can adjust client if they go far.and put on better frequency. 

No further drops and signals stable 

Let me know if this helps